Thursday, February 13, 2014

New and Improved

After several months of conceptualizing, tweaking, revising and the countless emails between me and my web designer, I am thrilled to finally have my new web site for Michael Hampton Design up and running.

My goals for the web site were simple ones. Make it streamlined, easy to navigate and for it to look great at the same time. I wanted to include photographs of my more recent projects that reflect my vision and overall aesthetic. I also kept elements such as my sketchbook and watercolors, which are an extension of my passions for the design process and architectural history.

I worked with a wonderful web designer, Josh Coleman of J Maverick Design, who helped guide me through the entire process and was very patient with me while I made all of the seemingly constant revisions and updates to the site.

In the effort of making the web site experience as enjoyable as possible I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Conceptual sketch for a client's Living Room:


The finished Living Room. As you can see the many of the furnishings and artwork varied from the original concept.


Presentation rendering for a client's bar with art deco inspired furniture, aubergine lacquered paneling and silver leaf ceilings. 


The finished bar with custom game table and chairs, demi lune cabinet and corner banquette.



The original paper I chose was a gridded pattern "rivet" wallpaper from Philip Jeffries. After installing the paper we realized that the paneling was not perfectly straight so it made the paper look crooked. So I replaced the paper with a beautiful faux horsehair and abaca paper from Philip Jeffries. I actually ended up liking it more then the original. This is a perfect of example of things that can go wrong in the design process, despite all the planning and preparation. But it had a very happy ending and the client was thrilled. 

The game table and chairs with a fabulous mirrored obelisk in the style of Serge Roche. The roman shades are wool sateen with a tape trim detail and the backs of the game chairs are upholstered in a pale gray suede leather. 


Be sure to check out the new web site to see more of my recent work. 



1 comment:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Michael I love the clean lines of your new website -very professional of course! Also so glad you kept in the more personal items such as your beautiful watercolors. Good luck with it!