Thursday, April 10, 2014

Doorways of Charleston

I was recently going through my photo albums and came across the pictures that I took last year during a trip to Charleston. During that trip, I spent most of my time wandering the beautiful tree lined streets of historic downtown Charleston. One of the many things I enjoyed most was photographing all of the beautiful variations of front door designs ranging from Georgian, to Federal and even Greek Revival. It was as if each home owner was trying to outdo their neighbors by using unique paint colors and variations of greenery. I love how creeping fig vine seems to grow everywhere in Charleston. It is well suited to the warm, semi tropical climate and people have been quite creative with it. 

I am planning another trip to visit friends this year and plan to continue my exploration of front doors. 















1 comment:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

marvelous comparison! We really need to go down. Friends of Bobs live down there for the month of August & Sept and invited us to stay.