Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Facial Profiling

While perusing the April 2014 World of Interiors, I came across an interesting architectural detail that I thought was very clever. The article features the home of Ian and Kate Bonhôte's Victorian house in London, which was designed by the architect, Geoff Shearcroft. Throughout the home, the architect repeated the use of a custom bolection type paneling, when upon closer inspection reveals the facial profiles of the family. The panels were created by Any Old Company, who specializes in custom woodwork.







Though the decor is not my style, I am enamored with the textural effect that the custom paneling creates. Reminding me of combed plasterwork. I think the pattern of the alternating floor tiles is pretty chic too!

All Photographs by Ricardo Labougle.

1 comment:

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I like the paneling as well although it seems sort of random and trite to do it as custom from their profiles but the end result is fantastic so I'll shut my mouth.