Monday, January 5, 2015

Feeling Bookish

Personally, I am always cautious about making "New Years Resolutions", however I do think it is a good time to reflect on the past year of our lives. To take a personal inventory and think about our accomplishments and the things we might have done differently. Also to ponder what we might like to achieve and focus on in the coming New Year. I have a number of such things I would like to focus on and reading more inspiring and informative books is one of many. As my book wish list is bursting at the seams, I think its time to start checking a few off the list and order them. I also have a rather large collection of books that I already have in my library that require some inspirational revisiting. 

The cold weather provides the perfect excuse to curl up with a great book, whether its a biography, novel or a gorgeous new book on design. A comfortable and beautiful setting with great lighting is all I need to do just that. So I thought I would share a few of my favorite all time libraries that provide the perfect space for reading and to contemplate the New Year. 


Albert Hadley


Andrew Skurman and Suzanne Tucker


Carrier and Co. 


Coco Chanel


Daniel Romualdez


Daniel Romualdez


David Kleinberg



Geoffrey Desousa


Duke and Duchess of Windsor


Peter Marino for Giorgio Armani


Jacques Grange for Giancarlo Giametti


Jacques Grange


Janet de Botton


Jean Louis Deniot


Jeffrey Bilhuber


Marella Agnelli


Michael Taylor for Nan Kempner


Pamplemousse Design


Pierre Berge


Pierre Yovanovitch


Steven Volpe, my former boss and mentor



Villa Necchi



No comments: