Monday, August 4, 2014

All American Style

I have been on a little bit of a hiatus from writing my blog posts this summer to focus my energies on a series of watercolors that I am preparing for an upcoming show in October. (More on that later).

I couldn't think of a better place then our home in Rockport, Maine to work on my paintings, where it is peaceful and quiet and the air here is filled with a creative spirit.

It doesn't get much more American then New England and while I have been here I have also been reflecting on just what it is that defines American style in my mind. Comfortable and unpretentious rooms that exude casual elegance and where happy and lasting memories are made. Sisal rugs, painted floors and finishes, printed cottons and linens, hand crafted furniture and accessories, decoupage and of course, wicker furniture.

Parish Hadley, Gil Schafer, Jeffrey Bilhuber, Markham Roberts and Richard Keith Langham, to name a few, are just a handful of designers and architects whose timeless interiors reflect the best in American style.
















No comments: