Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dreaming of Provence

Were roasting here in DC with the humidity and full intensity of the sun, which makes me long for a drier heat that doesn't feel like you've stuck your head in an oven! I was going through my photo library and rediscovered the photos that I took during our trip to Provence a couple of years ago. I could feel the warmth of the bright skies, smell the assortment of lovely scents and taste the rustic simplicity and intense flavor of the food. The colors in Provence are like no other. Colors seems to be brighter and I also love the color combinations seen on the exteriors of the buildings. As you can see, I am a bit obsessed with doorways!





















2 comments:

Woodside Park said...

Beautiful! Your photos are exquisite, Michael. Very artistic!! Love the shots of the doors and shutters. You should watermark the photos.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I need to get myself to Provence...our weekend in Maine was so lovely it made me question summers spent in DC!